The pact-Jodie Picoult

Thursday, 5 May 2011

The pact-Jodie Picoult

The Hartes and the Golds have been friends for years, and their children, Chris Harte and Emily Gold, grew up together from the day they were born. When Chris and Emily started dating, everyone was happy. Wouldn't it be great if the children of two inseparable families got married, had children, and grew old together? That became impossible when Emily came to the hospital, shot to death, and, according to Chris, they had a suicide pact. But is this the truth? Was Emily really suicidal, and, if so, why did her parents not suspect it at all? As Chris is in on trial for murder, the two once inseparable families suddenly become great enemies.
The thing I like best in Jodi Picoult's novel is that they always ask powerful questions about family, life, and love. The thing I like the least in her novels is that they're always full of legal jargon that I find it difficult to understand. In this book, like in many others from Picoult, there's a trial at the centre of the narrative: the trial that will decide whether Chris is guilty of his girlfriend's murder.

I found The Pact an very interesting book. The characters are well set and feel real. , with frequent flashbacks between "Now"  and "Then" ). I liked this book very much, and would recommend it.
but I felt that there was a lot lacking to make this a solid GOOD book. In my opinion, though this book was supposed to be a drama/love story, it severely lacked drama.
***/*****

3 comments:

  1. jess this is very well deatiled you have evidently spent a lot of time on this! well done :')<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. heey :) i like this is a very good book blog and you have told us a lot about the book :)

    even better if: you gave a link of where you can buy it :)

    from becca g and olivia xxx ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. very good plot outline

    it would better if you gave links from where to but it

    ReplyDelete